How To Use Eczema Natural Remedies
The term eczema refers to swelling of the skin that results in the development of pustules onto the skin from which there is a release of clear fluid. It is considered to be the most harmful chronic skin disorder. Infants, however, are more prone to eczema than older children and adults. Before learning about natural eczema treatments, it may be best to first understand the causes of eczema to better have that condition treated accordingly.
1. Food that is rich in EFA is actually a good example of natural eczema treatments. The hemp seed is rich in EFA, is very nutritious, and, is also a protein provider. Taking a couple of tablespoons of shelled hemp seeds on a daily basis is a recommended treatment of eczema.
2. Apply petroleum jelly to the skin immediately after bathing to protect the skin and replenish lost moisture. Do not use water-based moisturizers or lotions with fragrance, as these often dehydrate the skin and worsen the symptoms of eczema.
3. Water Treatments: Cold compress, cold wet fomentations are some of the eczema treatments, usually applied to the skin based on the severity of your problem.
4. Oatmeal is one of the most common natural treatments for eczema, known for its calming effect on the skin. Regular oatmeal baths or scrubs can provide the skin with moisture and immediate itch relief. You can create a paste with oatmeal and water and directly apply it to any flare-up patches, which will instantly calm persistent itching, pain, and discomfort.
5. Aloe Vera is also included in the list of natural eczema treatments. Why? This is because the juice of the Aloe Vera plant provides balance to our bodies immune system, thus, also helping cure ones eczema and other skin problems e.g. psoriasis. To gain relief from the itches, rashes, and inflammation brought about by eczema, you may also apply Aloe Vera creams on your skin.
6. Eat foods high in fatty acids, such as walnuts and avocados, to reduce allergic reactions and inflammation caused by eczema. These foods are some of the best natural remedies for eczema and keep the skin from drying out completely, healing from the inside out.
7. Papaya Seeds: Mashed papaya seeds applied on affected areas are said to put off itching of the skin affected by eczema.
8. Vitamin E cream is an effective eczema remedy that has long been used by medical professionals for treating various problems, including scars of various types and other skin problems. Vitamin e cream is especially for eczema sufferers given the amazing ability it has to protect and enhance your skin. Vitamin E cream can help eliminate and reduce skin irritation and inflammation.
Author is an online medical researcher on eczema treatment and skin care. Click read more on eczema treatment, how to treat eczema.